Come out and enjoy some early spring weather, do a little work and meet some fellow anglers.
Saturday, March 21st at 8:30 AM
Volunteers will meet at the Ottobine Elementary School in Dayton Virginia off of Waggy’s Creek Rd (click here for google map).
We will be planting willows along the newly improved section of the creek:
- Dress in layers.
- Wear waders, boots or footwear you don’t mind getting muddy.
- Light work gloves are recommended.
- Work isn’t expected to last longer than a couple hours.
- Cuttings are planted using a long screw driver, if you have one bring it.
- The creek will not be closed and fishing will require you to get a permit.
These efforts are being done in addition to the improvements made a year ago. The willows will help reinforce the banks and provide much needed shelter and resources for wild life both above and below the water line.