Tom Sadler, Massanutten TU president, and tenkara guide for Mossy Creek Fly Fishing, will be taking tenkara up a level in our next monthly member meeting. If you don’t know about tenkara style fly fishing this will be a good opportunity to come up to speed on what’s proving to be an angling method with staying power. Tenkara fly fishing is relatively new to the US but has been practiced in Japan for hundreds of years.
With an emphasis on simplicity, tenkara seems perfect for fishing our native brook trout streams where packing light can be a bonus. And, as this presentation will show, tenkara can be perfect for our local spring creeks for larger trout. In either environment tenkara fishing has been said to create a closer connection to the quarry.
Rod. Line. Fly. Fish. Tenkara.
Mark your calendar to join us.
7pm JMU CISAT Building Room 148
- Turn from either Port Republic Road (South) or East Market Street (North) on to University Boulevard.
- Proceed to the turn west on to Carrier Drive (opposite the Arboretum).
- Follow Carrier Drive around the library bldg.
- Turn right into parking lot D2. Park in an open (NOT RESERVED) parking space, across street from ISAT bldg. complex (a parking pass not required afterhours).
- There are two entrances across street from D2 lot: Chem/Phys bldg and bldg 3, ISAT (tower end).
- Meetings start at 7pm in Room 148.
*If you need help getting through the ISAT building, please email us and we’ll arrange for someone to meet you at the back entrance.