If we had to point fingers, they’d be pointed at each one of us.
Whether by accident or by a lack of caring for the environment it really makes no difference how trash gets into our water ways. What is of the greatest importance to everyone (here today and here tomorrow) is our decision to pick it up.
I know I’m not alone when I say that I’ve picked up trash that didn’t belong to me. Because, I know that we have a lot of people in the valley (and the world) that value a clean water source. That source, by no accident, by design in fact, benefits everyone—not just fish, not just anglers, not just the valley.
So, please consider joining the Massanutten TU work crew that will be out cleaning up Beaver Creek this spring. A little effort goes a long way.
Let’s get ready for some spring action!
Saturday, May 3rd
830am – (approx) 12:00pm
Meet at Jerry Black’s property which is located on Waggy’s Creek Road right across from the Ottobine School parking lot on the west side of the school. You can either park in the school parking lot or drive up Jerry’s driveway and park in the grass near the bridge. Jerry will have makers out on his drive way entrance.
- We need to pickup some trash that has been washed into the area from recent high waters.
- Several signed need to be erected that washed away.
- Repairs need to be done to the steps for a few fence crossing to make them safer.
- If anyone has a battery powered electric saw to help cut boards
- Drills, bolts and nuts are helpful
- Post hole digger and a few shovels
- Waders, gloves, trash bags
- Your call, but kids old enough to walk along banks without too much help or adult supervision are welcome.
- Water and food can be bought at 257 Grocery